St Andrew’s Fair Trade shop has been running as a permanent Fair Trade shop for over 40 years.
Looked after by a team of volunteers, who are always willing to assist you in purchases of fairly trade items including: food, jewelry, clothing and other household goods. We offer a wide range, with stock turning over regularly, and always at competitive prices.
Profits are put back into the shop, and at the end of each financial year the committee meet to agree which mission endeavor they will support with monies in excess of £5,000 supporting work both home and abroad.
So why not come over and take a look and if your church would like to have items on Sale or Return, pseak with Katharine our manager or see details below.
Shop Opening Hours:
- MONDAY 10.00am-12.30pm 2.30pm-4.30pm
- TUESDAY 10.00am-12.30pm 2.00pm-4.00pm
- WEDNESDAY 10.00am-12.30pm Closed
- THURSDAY 10.00am-12.30pm 2.00pm-4.00pm
- FRIDAY 10.00am-12.30pm 2.00pm-4.00pm
- SATURDAY 10.00am-12.00pm Closed
NOTE: The opening hours change during the Christmas and Easter holidays. The shop is closed during Holiday Club Week and in August the shop only opens on Saturday mornings. Please check.
What does the Shop Sell?
* Fair Trade Food – teas, coffees, biscuits, chocolate, fruit, nuts, sauces, rice, pasta etc
* Fair Trade Crafts – jewellery, bags, scarves, wooden, silver, glass, pottery, stoneware items and more.
* Christian Books – from CLC in Tonbridge (changed monthly)
* Greetings Cards – from commercial sources as well as Fair Trade cards
* Nearly New Items – ladies clothing, china, glass, toys etc
* Second-hand Books – very popular and always changing
Local Artists are invited to display and sell their creations for one month at a time, with a small commission being given to the shop. See Guest Artist Page.
All of the money the shop makes is given to various charities either in the third world or within the UK.
All staff are unpaid volunteers. Further volunteers (subject to interview), to cover emergencies and to increase opening hours would be welcome.
Sale or Return Service
If you are from another church: We operate a Sale or Return service for church groups, schools or other appropriate organisations. Please contact Katharine Garland via the church office for details.
As well as a huge range of volunteers the Fair Trade Shop Committee comprises:
- Katharine Garland – Chairman
- June Dean – Product Manager Food
- Doreen Dixon – Secretary and Manager Nearly New goods
- Jan Dyer – Assistant Treasurer
- Jean Jordan – Product manager Cards
- Pauline Murr – Manager Staffing
- Jean Saggers – Product Manager Crafts
- Carl Warren – Treasurer